If you’ve ever spotted an animal carcass on the highway and wanted to know how it tasted, you’re in luck: Hotel Vermont’s “Wild About Vermont” festival is offering the opportunity for attendees to try selections straight from its roadkill grill.
The Burlington-based business will host the festival on Nov. 7, which will also accept wild fish and game donations from locals to serve to members of the community, reports WPTZ News Channel 5.
Attendees who pay the $75 fee will have the chance to try geese, deer, bear, moose and muskrat.
“The idea is to get people connected to their local food sources, but also to showcase the traditions of Vermont,” hotel chef Doug Paine told WPTZ.
More adventurous types may feel inspired to try a different selection. The festival will also supply three animals injured or killed on highways in the vicinity.
Want to know more? Check out these great articles on our site:
- Beginning Preps Home Security [PODCAST]
- How To Prepare For Hyperinflation
- Kubotan | How to Use a Kubotan in 3 Easy Steps
- ZPacks Review | Top 10 Best ZPacks Backpacking and Camping Gear
- Beginning Preps Series Food Storage [PODCAST]
- National Grid Outage | How to Prepare for Power Grid Failure
- Start Here Prepping Basic’s The Get Home Bag [PODCAST]
Cooking5 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security6 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still