There are various, viable, methods to use when fire building. Being well versed in several of those methods is a must if we strive to fully be prepared. One of my favorite ways to start a fire is with a ferro rod. With a ferro rod, we have a fire starter that is much more forgiving then using matches and or lighters. Weather, wind & even dampness can be easily battled when starting a fire with a ferro rod. There are various ferro rods to choose from in the market. They come in all sorts of sizes and applications. It is all about choosing what will work best for your needs.
Recently I was sent an Überleben Leicht Fire Starter Necklace to review. I have reviewed other Überleben ferro rods in the past that are much bigger and practical for fire starting. But as a backup, this Überleben Leicht Necklace is definitely something to consider adding to your survival kit. It is super lightweight, comes with attached to paracord and most importantly it works! This necklace would not be my go-to ferro rod while I am in the field but if I misplace my regular fire starter it is nice to know that I can have this ferro rod strapped to my mollie setup on my pack or even worn around my neck.
This ferro rod necklace will send out a spark at over 5500° F and will last for over 12,000 strikes. Now, that is a lot of fire starting for a relatively inexpensive price. If you are in the market for a backup fire starter, take a close look at this Überleben Leicht Fire Starter Necklace. It may be a great solution for your lifestyle.
SPECS ON THE ÜBERLEBEN LEICHT FERRO ROD:
- Up to 12,000 strikes from 5/16″ x 1″ mini ferro rod toggle, with sparks at 5,500º F (3,000º C) to ignite a fire in any weather (even wet), at any altitude.
- Ultralight; weighs less than 1oz. Perfect wearable backup for your fire kit.
- Breakaway buckle clasp allows for easy resize. Simply “cut & burn” paracord, and re-attach.
- Includes mini ferrocerium rod, serrated ring scraper, and 34″ of mil-spec 550 paracord lanyard for neck carry.
- Perfect for Bushcraft, Firecraft, Backpacking, Hiking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Bugout, EDC / Every Day Carry, Emergency, Survival, Campfire, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc.
- Dimensions: 0.25 x 1 x 34 inches
- Weight: 0.05lbs.
- Color: Black Death
- Disclaimer: “Fire Is HOT!”
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase this ferro rod, please use the link below to help support this site:
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
In need of a few other sire starting products? Check out these options:
- For a more traditional ferro rod, give this Überleben Kräftig 1/2″ XL Ferro Rod/Fire Starter a try from the same reliable brand!
- If you're looking for other lighting options, this EverStryke lighter from our Survival Life store is a must!
- Maybe you're looking to go flameless? Always have a reliable flashlight at the ready like this Hybeam Large Tactical Flashlight
Paracord Projects3 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Paracord Projects2 months ago
How To Make Paracord Survival Bracelets | DIY Survival Prepping
Medical Care2 months ago
21 Home Remedies For Toothache Pain Relief
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Survival DIY: How To Melt Aluminum Cans For Casting
Featured Articles1 year ago
Drought Survival Tips: How to Survive Drought
SIGN UP NOW
Enter for a chance to WIN a pair of these Tactical Boots when you sign up today for our exclusive email newsletter subscription.
GET YOUR VERTICAL GARDENING REPORT TODAY!
Simply fill-out the form below and subscribe to our weekly newsletter. We strive to help people of all experience levels take steps towards happier, healthier, and more holistic lives with a natural and thoughtful approach to a safer and more effective way of living.
Simply fill-out the form below and subscribe to our weekly newsletter.