If you’re over 25, you can probably remember a time when a gallon of gas, a gallon of milk, and a dozen eggs each cost around a dollar (or less). Things are much different now! Prices have gone up in everything from groceries to college. But has everything become more valuable?
We usually thing about inflation in terms of prices going up, but it’s more accurate to say that the value of money is going down. Watch this video to learn more.
Inflation is experienced when the demand for goods and services in an economic system is greater than their supply. Whenever the supply is drastically reduced, the costs of such goods and services would likely escalate, ultimately causing an inflation. Some notable causes are the following:
- When the real estate industries increase their property value, so as to increase their earnings.
- If there is an increase in the income of the people, it can result in an increased demand, which consequently lead to inflation.
- When there is a rise in the buying price of the goods and services manufactured by a specific industry. For example, rise in the cost of oil can result in the increase of the air fares and transportation fares.
- Fiscal inflation is experienced when there is an excessive spending by the government.
- A hyperinflation takes place in the course of a war, or soon after it is over. This is usually short-lived and is also known as a galloping inflation.
- It also occurs when an economic system deals with high unemployment rate and stagnation.
While inflation is not necessarily the culprit, it affects us in various ways. It also takes place during the time of economic depression, recession and financial meltdown. As usual, the best way to deal with it is by preparing through savings.
Want to know more? Check out these related articles:
News8 months ago
US Spends TRILLIONS to Cure The Common Flu
Building4 weeks ago
Japanese Saw | Your Ultimate Guide to Japanese Saws
Featured Articles3 days ago
10 Awesome Primitive Fishing Techniques
Featured Articles3 weeks ago
How to Keep Cats Away from Your House | 12 Simple Ways
Tips5 days ago
Upcycling Ideas: 20 Cool Ways To Repurpose Every Day Items