If you can't get your hands on a high-quality gas mask, this DIY riot mask is a great backup plan. Check out the tutorial below to learn how to make a mask that filters the air in an emergency situation.
How to Make Your Own Riot Mask
Nothing beats a genuine gas mask, but this DIY riot mask is the next best thing. Though it doesn't offer the full protection of a gas mask, it does make breathing a lot easier. Using a large empty water bottle, a vinegar-soaked cotton ball, and a dryer sheet, you can make a quick riot mask that can help you breathe in an emergency situation. Check out the steps below to see how it's done, and be sure to leave your own riot mask tips in the comments!
How to Make a DIY Riot Mask:
Step 1: Trace a large cut-out into your water bottle.
The opening should be about the same size as your face.
- 【Durable & Comfortable to Wear】 -- This military swat helmet composed of high density fiber...
- 【Protect Your Head】 -- The airsoft M88 helmet is durable and hard to break which can bear over...
- 【Protect Your Face】 -- This tactical helmet comes with a detachable clear visor as a face shield...
Step 2: Use scissors to cut the opening.
Step 3: Tape the edges of the opening.
- Full Shield Design Provides Built-In Chin Protection And Extended Top-Of-Head Coverage; Protects...
- Clear Polycarbonate Visor With Excellent Optics Provide Increased Visibility; Comfortable Rear Cell...
- Easy-To-Set, Ratcheting Headgear Assures Comfortable, Secure Fit; Highly Adjustable Headgear Tilts...
Step 4: Apply a second layer of tape.
Step 5: Use a hammer and nails to poke three holes in the cap.
Step 6: Dip a cotton ball into a cup of vinegar.
- Lightweight mask is vented & has an adjustable nylon strap.
- Sturdy plastic construction for maximum Protection.
- Light weight construction for comfort and mobility.
Step 7: Insert a dryer sheet and close the cap.
- Protects emergency personnel from most chemicals encountered during an incident
- Can be used for protection during a riot, chemical spill or other possible emergency
- Includes 54401 face piece, one 40RCP100 riot control cartridge and 76BAG carry bag
Step 8: Put the mask over your face.
See the complete tutorial in the video below:
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Do you have a DIY riot mask of your own? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and tell us about your survival must-haves!
Last update on 2023-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Paracord Projects3 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Paracord Projects2 months ago
How To Make Paracord Survival Bracelets | DIY Survival Prepping
Medical Care2 months ago
21 Home Remedies For Toothache Pain Relief
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Survival DIY: How To Melt Aluminum Cans For Casting
Featured Articles1 year ago
Drought Survival Tips: How to Survive Drought
SIGN UP NOW
Enter for a chance to WIN a pair of these Tactical Boots when you sign up today for our exclusive email newsletter subscription.
GET YOUR VERTICAL GARDENING REPORT TODAY!
Simply fill-out the form below and subscribe to our weekly newsletter. We strive to help people of all experience levels take steps towards happier, healthier, and more holistic lives with a natural and thoughtful approach to a safer and more effective way of living.
Simply fill-out the form below and subscribe to our weekly newsletter.