If you can’t get your hands on a high-quality gas mask, this DIY riot mask is a great backup plan. Check out the tutorial below to learn how to make a mask that filters the air in an emergency situation.
How to Make Your Own Riot Mask
Nothing beats a genuine gas mask, but this DIY riot mask is the next best thing. Though it doesn’t offer the full protection of a gas mask, it does make breathing a lot easier. Using a large empty water bottle, a vinegar-soaked cotton ball, and a dryer sheet, you can make a quick riot mask that can help you breathe in an emergency situation. Check out the steps below to see how it’s done, and be sure to leave your own riot mask tips in the comments!
How to Make a DIY Riot Mask:
Step 1: Trace a large cut-out into your water bottle.
The opening should be about the same size as your face.
- 【Durable & Comfortable to Wear】 -- This military swat helmet composed of high density fiber...
- 【Protect Your Head】 -- The airsoft M88 helmet is durable and hard to break which can bear over...
- 【Protect Your Face】 -- This tactical helmet comes with a detachable clear visor as a face shield...
Step 2: Use scissors to cut the opening.
Step 3: Tape the edges of the opening.
- Full Shield design provides built-in chin protection and extended top-of-head coverage; protects...
- Clear polycarbonate Visor with excellent Optics provide increased visibility; comfortable rear cell...
- Easy-to-set, ratcheting headgear assures comfortable, secure fit; highly adjustable headgear tilts...
Step 4: Apply a second layer of tape.
Step 5: Use a hammer and nails to poke three holes in the cap.
Step 6: Dip a cotton ball into a cup of vinegar.
- Lightweight mask is vented & has an adjustable nylon strap.
- Sturdy plastic construction for maximum Protection.
- Light weight construction for comfort and mobility.
Step 7: Insert a dryer sheet and close the cap.
- Protects emergency personnel from most chemicals encountered during an incident
- Can be used for protection during a riot, chemical spill or other possible emergency
- Includes 54401 face piece, one 40RCP100 riot control cartridge and 76BAG carry bag
Step 8: Put the mask over your face.
See the complete tutorial in the video below:
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Do you have a DIY riot mask of your own? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and tell us about your survival must-haves!
Last update on 2021-10-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Survival Medicine Podcast: Radiation/Nuclear Events [PODCAST]
- Environmental Policy FAQs | How to Write an Environmental Policy
- Beginning Preps Home Security [PODCAST]
- How To Prepare For Hyperinflation
- Kubotan | How to Use a Kubotan in 3 Easy Steps
- ZPacks Review | Top 10 Best ZPacks Backpacking and Camping Gear
- Beginning Preps Series Food Storage [PODCAST]
Cooking5 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security6 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still