Many of you may remember the failed attempt at working with a small scale solar charger.
If not, you can read the full article here.
But just a quick recap,it was the worst product I have ever bought, it caught on fire and nearly burnt my van down.
I finally found something that may work, at least it is showing pretty good promise so far!
Check out the Revive Series, solar backup:
- External 1500mAh battery pack recharges up to 1,000 times from Solar, AC, or USB power *NOTE: Solar power can only charge 50% of the internal battery*
- Provides a full charge to most phones, MP3 players, GPS, iPod, iPhone, e-Readers, Bluetooth devices and other USB powered devices
- Includes AC adapter, Micro USB, and Mini USB charging cables
- Convenient size makes solar charging at home, in the car, or at work a breeze
- LED Power capacity indicator lets you know how much battery power you have left.
-hasn’t caught on fire!
-multiple ways of charging
– only charges 50% with solar power
– The led light has a flexible head that pops loose easily
– (just a personal note) it is the exact same size as my iPhone… and made me look extremely silly when I tried to answer it instead of my phone
The bottom line:
Considering the fact that it is only $30.00 as opposed to the other failure of a product, the Revive Series solar back up is a much better bargain. Also the size makes it easily able to be packed into a bug out bag or just to keep in your car.
After I bought this I used it at a full charge to power my Kindle. It got around 53% charge before the battery petered out.
Not bad if I do say so myself.
The fact that you can only charge the battery to 50% via solar power is a little disappointing but that should be more than enough to charge most phones, tablets, and other small electronics.
** I don’t know how I missed it before but this unit actually has an add on for around $12.00 that you can buy that allows you to get a full charge out of the solar panels instead of just 50%.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your small electronics powered up this is definitely worth a shot.
I am actually taking it on my cruise to give it a real world test ( I have a room with a window and want to see how well it will charge from there)
Hope to give you an update when I get back!
Want to know more? Check out these related articles from our site:
- Kevin Estela and the Flip Flop BBQ Guy | Grilling Technique [PODCAST]
- 25 Overlooked Prepping Items [PODCAST]
- Headlamps | The Best Headlamps of 2021
- Pillars of Leadership | Kevin Owens and Silver Star Recipient Sean Kirkwood [PODCAST]
- Survival Psychology [PODCAST]
- Kevin Estela and Knife Maker Ernest Emerson talk Knives [PODCAST]
- Pistol Crossbow Reviews | What’s the Best Pistol Crossbow in 2021?
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still