You can repurpose PVC pipes into useful PVC pipes projects such as weapon and weapon accessories and even weatherproof storage spaces for all kinds of situations!
PVC pipe is mostly for plumbing – but it can be used for so much more than just bringing water to a kitchen sink. With that in mind, don't forget to place one in your bug-out bag. You'll never know when you're going to need one.
PVC Pipes Projects You'll Need in Times of Survival
1. DIY PVC Blowgun
Here's an alternative to our hunting or fishing needs. I imagine myself stuck in a forest with wild animals lurking around and I thought a long-range weapon would be best suited for this environment.
What makes this PVC blowgun even better is that it's light and handy.
2. PVC Bow and Arrow
It is very simple to create a DIY bow and arrow out of these plastic pipes. It doesn't take long to build this useful weapon that you can also use for fishing or hunting, especially when you're in the wild.
3. PVC Bow Stand
You can put together pipe fittings to build a PVC bow stand and arrow container. You just have to be creative and piece together PVC-fitting pieces to build a stand for your bow or a stand for other purposes.
Purchasing storage places for your archery gear can be pretty costly. A gear stand made of PVC pipes is definitely good for extra savings.
4. PVC Fishing Rod
A small piece is enough to create a fishing rod out of this plastic pipe. By drilling a small hole and attaching a small fishing line, you can have your own DIY fishing rod.
Just attach a hook and a bait at the end of the line, and you'll be able to catch a fish for dinner on your next outdoor trip. Enjoy fresh products with simple and creative equipment made from PVC pipes.
5. PVC Container
For storage purposes, you can either use a bigger pipe to store larger items or a thinner tube for smaller items. For smaller ones, you can use corks to close the ends.
Alternatively, you can also use PVC plastic caps to close off the pipes. For outdoor activities, this can be used to store or protect gadgets from getting wet as well.
It is also advisable to include first-aid kits and a flashlight should any unexpected incidents arise.
6. PVC Periscope
I remember building periscopes out of boxes as a project in school. It's the same concept when you do it with PVC pipes. Just use elbows to create the corners and add mirrors to complete the project.
You can also use glue to put the pipes together and put the mirrors in place. This is extremely useful when surveying a hostile environment without exposing yourself.
7. PVC Water Container
Use caps to seal the ends of the pipe material and store some water supply. For safety purposes, don't forget to clean the pipes thoroughly if you want to use them for drinking water.
You can drill one end and place a faucet, so you can have water whenever you need one. Use a thread sealant when necessary to prevent water from leaking out of the pipe.
These PVC pipe projects are versatile equipment that can be used in many situations. It is important to learn these kinds of tricks as it can help if SHTF.
These pipes have so many uses that they can be repurposed for weapons, storage, and even help you when you go fishing.
Advantages of PVC Pipes Projects
PVC pipes have become widely popular for various projects due to their numerous benefits. Here are some of the key advantages of using PVC pipes in various applications:
- Cost-Effective: PVC pipes are generally more affordable compared to other materials like metal or concrete pipes. This cost-effectiveness makes them a preferred choice for both DIY projects and large-scale construction.
- Lightweight: PVC pipes are lightweight, making them easy to transport, handle, and install. This feature is especially useful for projects that require portability or quick setup.
- Corrosion Resistance: PVC pipes are highly resistant to corrosion and chemical reactions, making them suitable for use in harsh environments or where contact with corrosive substances is a concern.
- Low Maintenance: Once installed, PVC pipes require minimal maintenance. They don't rust, corrode, or degrade easily, reducing the need for frequent inspections and repairs.
- Versatility: PVC pipes are available in various sizes, shapes, and configurations, making them versatile for a wide range of projects. They are commonly used in plumbing, drainage systems, irrigation, electrical conduits, and more.
- Easy Installation: With simple joining techniques like solvent welding or using PVC fittings, PVC pipes can be easily installed by professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike.
- Smooth Interior Surface: PVC pipes have a smooth interior surface that ensures efficient water flow, minimizing friction and the risk of clogs in plumbing systems.
- Durability: PVC pipes have excellent tensile strength and can withstand significant pressure, making them durable and long-lasting.
- Chemical Resistance: PVC pipes are resistant to many chemicals, making them suitable for conveying various fluids in industrial applications.
- Insulation Properties: PVC pipes have natural insulating properties, which make them suitable for use in electrical conduits, protecting wires and cables from environmental factors.
- Environmentally Friendly: PVC pipes are recyclable, and the manufacturing process is energy-efficient, making them an environmentally friendly choice.
- Resistance to Biological Growth: PVC pipes are less prone to biological growth, reducing the risk of blockages and contamination in water supply and drainage systems.
- UV Resistance: Many PVC pipes are designed with UV-resistant additives, allowing them to be used outdoors without degrading from exposure to sunlight.
Which of these PVC pipe projects have you tried before? Let us know in the comments section below!
- 20 Essential Homemade Weapons For When SHTF
- 9 Unique DIY Homesteading Projects
- How to Survive an Avalanche | Emergency Preparedness
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in April 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Paracord Projects2 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Paracord Projects5 months ago
How To Make Paracord Survival Bracelets | DIY Survival Prepping
Medical Care4 months ago
21 Home Remedies For Toothache Pain Relief
Do It Yourself5 months ago
Survival DIY: How To Melt Aluminum Cans For Casting
Knife Laws3 months ago
Are Switchblades Legal? Knife Laws By State