A strong survival shelter could be a lifesaver. Check out the tutorial below to learn how to create a shelter using debris, sticks and leaves.
How to Build a Strong Survival Shelter
Resourcefulness is one of the most important traits of a great survivalist, especially when it comes to building an outdoor shelter. But when it comes down to it, how can you be sure that the shelter you’ve built is strong enough? Luckily, we’ve narrowed it down to just a few simple steps that will ensure your outdoor shelter protects you from the elements. Check out the steps below to learn how to build a strong survival shelter, and be sure to leave your own outdoor shelter tips in the comments.
1. Locate debris. Gather as many leaves, branches and as much long grass as possible. Create a thick bedding using some of the debris.
2. Find a ridge pole. Find a ridge pole that is taller than you, as well as two Y-shaped sticks (they don’t have to be perfectly straight).
3. Build your framework. Use sticks and branches to create a roof-like ribbing along the entire length of the ridge pole.
4. Place debris over shelter. Place a generous amount of debris over the shelter (this will ensure more protection from wind and rain).
5. Plug up your shelter. Cover the entrance of your shelter with the remaining debris and leaves.
Check out the video below to see the full tutorial: