Just this past weekend, I finally got rid of my old rear projection TV and replaced it with a flatscreen.
(I know… I’m a little behind the times.)
I was really glad to be rid of what I thought was just an old hunk of junk…but this morning, I came across this video and now I’m kicking myself for throwing my old TV away!
You see, I never knew that some parts of an old rear projection TV could be repurposed and used to make a DIY solar cooker.
Editor’s Offer: you won’t find a more compact fire starter on the market today.
Luckily TV’s like these are easy to find on Craigslist and are often given away for free. So if you want to do this project, you likely won’t have trouble tracking down a TV and won’t have to spend much money on it.
Check out the video below from The King of Random and learn how to make your own solar cooker out of an old rear projection TV.
Make a DIY Solar Cooker from an Old TV
- Kevin Estela and the Flip Flop BBQ Guy | Grilling Technique [PODCAST]
- 25 Overlooked Prepping Items [PODCAST]
- Headlamps | The Best Headlamps of 2021
- Pillars of Leadership | Kevin Owens and Silver Star Recipient Sean Kirkwood [PODCAST]
- Survival Psychology [PODCAST]
- Kevin Estela and Knife Maker Ernest Emerson talk Knives [PODCAST]
- Pistol Crossbow Reviews | What’s the Best Pistol Crossbow in 2021?
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still