A rocket stove is a very useful piece of survival gear. And if you can make a rocket stove yourself out of stuff you have lying around (in this case a beer keg) a save a few bucks in the process, even better.
DIY Beer Keg Rocket Stove
These instructions will help you use a simple beer keg as a camping stove, a rocket heater, or just for everyday cooking.
Read on and learn how to have (almost) as much fun with your beer keg as you had emptying it.
- Mini beer keg, 5 liters
- 2 soup cans with top and bottom removed
- 1 small can with top and bottom removed
- 2 pipe cap ends
- 5 liters of vermiculite
1. Remove anything from the top of your keg. In this case, there is a plastic handle that needs to be removed before proceeding.
2. Drill a large hole in the top of your keg, a bit bigger than the size of your larger cans.
3. Remove all of the inner parts from your keg.
4. Place one of your pipe cap ends on a large can.
5. Make a hole in the side of the larger can, then place the smaller can inside as shown.
6. Fasten your two large cans together with your left over piece of tin from the hole you created.
7. Measure from the top of your keg down to where the hole is placed in your bottom can. Mark the size of the hole off and cut a slightly larger hole in your keg.
8. Nest your can assembly down into your keg, checking to be sure that your holes line up at the bottom. Then put your smaller can through the hole in the keg and into the inner can.
9. Place your second pipe cap end between the hole in your keg and the smaller can sticking out of the keg.
10. Fasten your pipe cap end to the top of your can.
11. Create a small hole and fill the dead space in your keg with vermiculite.
12. Cover over the hole with a piece of metal and fasten.
13. If desired, fashion a tray to feed your fuel into your chimney.
14. Start using your rocket stove!
See the full instructional video here:
You can also find another version of the instructions here.
Like DIY projects for preppers? Check out these posts:
Like this post?
Be sure to like us on Facebook so you can be the first to know about latest survival tips and off the grid living skills.
Natural Disasters3 months ago
Flood Survival Tips | How To Survive Before, During, And After A Flood
Survival Skills2 weeks ago
377 Survival Hacks You Should Learn in 2022 | Your Ultimate Survival Life Hacks Guide
Food Preservation2 months ago
Hidden Stockpile | Reloading Your Stockpile After Thanksgiving
Do It Yourself11 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Foraging11 months ago
20 Edible Wild Plants You Can Forage For Survival