In this day and age, people believe that they cannot survive without technology, but the majority of the human race throughout history has lived without it. Henceforth, you can too!
DIY Survival Candles
Part 1: The Orange Lantern
When Thomas Edison invited the lightbulb, the world got a whole lot brighter. But what happens when you lose electricity for a matter of days? How can you see at night? Well, you can make candles with what you’ve got! During the daytime, you can make all the candles you need, so when the dark creeps up on you, you have light.
So, let’s begin by making your first candle called the orange lantern.
Here’s what you need from your kitchen:
- Olive Oil
- An Orange
- A lighter or match
- A knife
- A cutting board (optional)
1. Once you gather all of your supplies, place the orange on the cutting board and cut right through the middle of the orange.
2. Now take the lower half of the orange and make a circular cut around the orange. Cut right where the orange peel and the fruit meet.
3. Then make a circular cut around the white “core” in the middle of the orange. The cut should separate the fruit form the core.
4. Pull out the edible part but be sure to leave the core and the peel. You can eat the fruit.
5. Then take what is left of the orange and fill it up with olive oil. Make sure you soak the core with olive oil but leave just a little piece of the core above the oil.
6. Take your light or match and light the core. It might take a second to start burning. The olive oil inside the peel will slowly burn, it should last up to an hour of burning time. Be sure to make more than one to keep the evening time bright.
Breaking News Alert: Let’s face it Twitter and Facebook hate Conservatives. We need to ban together more than ever. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard. We Will Not Suppress Your Political Content! Join Today!
You’ve now created your Orange Lantern!
Whether it’s a natural disaster like a hurricane or a man-made disaster like an EMP, candles are important to have on hand when the power goes out. But not all candles are created equal. Click here to learn which candles are best in an emergency situation.
- Holacracy and Self-Management With Mark Simpson [PODCAST]
- Why Preppers Need A Personal Alarm
- Importance Of Community [PODCAST]
- Blackout Preparedness For Beginners
- Spring Reflections On Your Homestead [PODCAST]
- How to Design and Create Your Own Emergency Car Kit
- 7 Top Features of the Best Emergency Radio
Do It Yourself2 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency3 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself2 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself6 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Knife Reviews3 months ago
Survival Knives | Ultimate List