Crushed in an Erupting Volcano
Heaving his massive backpack on, 22-year-old Kiwi William Pike was itching to get up the mountain. He and his mate James Christie – who he’d met at uni while studying to be a primary school teacher – were about to conquer Mt Ruapehu, on New Zealand’s north island.
It was James’ first taste of mountaineering and William couldn’t wait to introduce his friend to the sport that he was so mad about. Over a week, the lads planned to climb the mountain’s three major peaks – the highest soaring nearly 3000m above sea level.
They had all the right gear, the weather forecast was good, but there was another factor that was completely beyond their control – Mount Ruapehu is an active volcano. But, checking in with the local authorities before setting off, they said there was no sign that it was about to erupt.
- Could You Survive The Obvious?
- Surviving a Mt. Rainier Eruption
- Martial Law: What You Need to Know to Survive
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
- Where to Get the Best Survival Training
- Best Teardrop Campers for 2021
- Americans Don’t Have The Stomach For It [PODCAST]
- Kevin Owens talks with Cognitive Performance Coach Dan Sproles [PODCAST]
- Kevin Owens talks with Combat Veteran Angie Nylund [PODCAST]
- Budget Survival Kit | 24 Items to Build Your 30$ Budget Survival Kit
Natural Disasters2 months ago
Flood Survival Tips | How To Survive Before, During, And After A Flood
Food Preservation3 weeks ago
Reloading Your Hidden Stockpile After Thanksgiving
News8 months ago
US Spends TRILLIONS to Cure The Common Flu
Building1 month ago
Japanese Saw | Your Ultimate Guide to Japanese Saws
Featured Articles1 week ago
10 Awesome Primitive Fishing Techniques