Life comes at you fast, and sometimes you won’t have the option of getting all of your gear together. When this happens you just have to drop everything and go. This can cause much unneeded stress but don’t lose all hope. Your personal EDC kit will help you prepare for a situation such as this.
There are a few items that can be carried with you at all times that can seriously improve your survival chances should you be caught off guard. These items make up what I like to call my EDC kit (every day carry). These are items that I carry on me every day that fit into my normal lifestyle and that a normal person would never guess is something useful to my survival.
Essential Items for your EDC Kit
Below are some of the items that I keep in my car as an EDC kit:
- A folding pocket knife
- A good pair of boots
- Paracord bracelet (roughly 10 feet of cord)
- Aqua Mira: Frontier emergency water filter
- 8 LED flashlight with batteries and adapter ( takes either 1 C Battery or 3 AAA’s)
- Bright yellow emergency poncho
- Mylar survival blanket
- Stainless steel water bottle (also used as a container for the kit).
- Not pictured is one 400 calorie ration bar from Millennium simply because it was time to rotate it out (and I was hungry). Millennium makes a great compact energy bar that fits just about anywhere.
- I also created an EDC tin from an Altoids container that I keep in my desk. Aside from the odd look I get when I refuse to give a coworker a mint, this fits effortlessly in my pocket or my desk or just about anywhere and no one will ever be the wiser. Inside the Altoids tin I keep an array of items. The most common items are:
- Small screw top pill holder filled with Vaseline: Vaseline has a variety of uses. It can be used to prevent and cure chapped lips and hands, can be put on cuts and scrapes to help prevent infection and is extremely effective as a fire starter.
- Cotton balls
- Weatherproof matches
- A small wire saw
- A small assortment of fishing supplies
- A few hard candies and or bouillon cube if there is room, a small amount of sugar can give you a great energy and moral boost after a crisis.
I have several EDC kits that I have stashed in my car, at my desk, and even in my pocket at all times. Each one is a little different than the last.
Whatever you decide to put in your EDC kit, make sure that even if you’re caught unaware… you’re never unprepared.
Want to know more? Check out these related articles:
- Skill Vs Gear [PODCAST]
- Food Rationing [PODCAST]
- What To Own When The Dollar Collapses
- Kevin Estela and the Flip Flop BBQ Guy | Grilling Technique [PODCAST]
- 25 Overlooked Prepping Items [PODCAST]
- Headlamps | The Best Headlamps of 2021
- Pillars of Leadership | Kevin Owens and Silver Star Recipient Sean Kirkwood [PODCAST]
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still