When you’re in the wilderness, take advantage of the benefits of cinnamon to help you survive.
In this article:
- Cinnamon May Help Reduce High Blood Pressure
- It Can Provide Antioxidant Properties
- Cinnamon May Be a Weapon Against Infections or Viruses
- Cinnamon Can Keep Teeth Healthy
- It Can Help Treat Stomach Aches
- It Can Act as an Antibacterial Solution
- It Can Ward Off Bugs and Mosquitoes
7 Benefits of Cinnamon That Will Help You Survive Dire Situations
1. Cinnamon May Help Reduce High Blood Pressure
The benefits of cinnamon make it more than an ingredient for a decadent sweet treat. You will find it surprising that cinnamon has many uses for survival!
It’s time to know beyond cinnamon uses in cooking. Find out how this spice can be handy for survival outdoors.
For example, when you have hypertension, your blood pressure can shoot up while you’re outdoors. Think about the heat and exhaustion.
Your condition can turn for the worse faster if you have hypertension and type 2 diabetes (or prediabetes). A possible short-term treatment is cinnamon.
In a 2013 meta-analysis published in Nutrition, randomized clinical trials showed a significant decrease in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. As a preventive measure, get a cinnamon stick and add it to your food or infuse it in water.
2. It Can Provide Antioxidant Properties
Cinnamon contains antioxidants such as flavonoids, polyphenols, and phenolic acids. These can provide an anti-inflammatory effect.
Antioxidant Definition: These are compounds that prevent the process of oxidation, which may lead to cellular damage.
When you consume the spice, it may decrease inflammation in your body. It then becomes helpful when you have swelling perhaps due to injuries.
This spice can also help in repairing tissue damage and relieving muscle pains, especially if you take it with ginger.
- QUALITY Even the price is affordable we don’t compromise for the quality. Only fresh ingredients are used to bring you the best fresh ground cinnamon powder. Cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices in the world. Cinnamon is extremely aromatic and has a sweet and savory flavor at the same time. We are offering you the best quality all kind cinnamon powder for all your needs. Cassia, Saigon, Ceylon. Just try it we are sure you will enjoy it. See description below for more info.
- KOSHER our top quality ground cinnamon powder is Certified Kosher by the OK - “OK Kosher” Certification is one of the top kosher certification agencies in the USA.
3. Cinnamon May Be a Weapon Against Infections or Viruses
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
One of the benefits of cinnamon is an improved immune function. The spice contains organic compounds called cinnamaldehyde and eugenol. These help ward off different kinds of infection.
A 2015 study in Nutrients revealed how cinnamon is active against two bacterial strains such as Moraxella catarrhalis. It is a bacterium that can potentially cause infections of the lower respiratory tract, eyes, and joint. It is also resistant to some conventional antibiotics.
This makes cinnamon a possible alternative to antibiotics when you cannot get hold of a doctor for a prescription.
Another research showed the same ingredient may help decrease the likelihood of salmonella infection.
4. Cinnamon Can Keep Teeth Healthy
Do you ever wonder why some toothpaste brands, especially natural ones, contain cinnamon? It turns out it may be helpful in improving oral health.
A 2011 study in the Journal of Clinical Dentistry showed it may reduce the chances of developing halitosis. Now, bad breath may be the least of your concerns when you’re trying to survive in the wilderness.
What is halitosis? It is also known as chronic bad breath.
Note, though, this medical condition may occur due to a significant presence of bacteria in the mouth. Some of these can be dangerous enough to cause certain diseases.
Another research may also corroborate the oral health benefits of cinnamon. Its oil version may be more effective than clove in fighting a wide variety of oral bacteria.
It’s always best to include a toothbrush in your toiletry kit. If you can’t, you can steep cinnamon sticks in warm water and then drink it like tea.
5. It Can Help Treat Stomach Aches
Since cinnamon has antioxidant and antibacterial properties, it can help in keeping the stomach healthy and fight infections causing your stomach ache.
Just drink water infused with cinnamon for a bad case of indigestion. Doing this can also help settle your stomach when you eat poorly cooked meat or fish.
6. It Can Act as an Antibacterial Solution
Taking a bath is one of the best ways to remove pollutants and contaminants from the body. So is washing your hands.
What if you run out of bath soaps and body washes? Your next best option is to use cinnamon.
You can make this spice into an antibacterial solution. All you have to do is mix it with water, and voila!
You can now take a bath without worries.
7. It Can Ward Off Bugs and Mosquitoes
You can use it against mosquitoes, ants, or bees. It has a unique smell insects and animals don’t like, which keeps them at bay.
Don’t use the repellant when you’re out hunting, though. You may end up driving away your prey.
Watch this video by Dr. Josh Axe to know more about the health benefits of cinnamon:
It’s amazing how a well-loved dessert ingredient can save you when you’re out in the wild. With all these benefits of cinnamon, surely, you’ll make the sticks and powder a part of your bug-out bag!
What other benefits of cinnamon do you know? Share them in the comments section below!
- Triple A’s Of Nature’s Medicine: Antiviral ~ Antibacterial ~ Antibiotic
- Wise Food Storage For Long-Term Survival
- 10 Survival Foods That Are Great During Short-Term Disasters
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on February 9, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Last update on 2020-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Winter Driving Tips to Keep You Safe | Emergency Preparedness
- Non-Potable Water | Types and How to Spot Them | What You Need To Know
- How To Have Potable Water Anywhere | Emergency Preparedness
- How To Get Rid of Raccoons [Infographic]
- Instant Mashed Potatoes: Awesome Survival Food?
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe