Laura & Bryan Emerson on Bear Hunting for Meat
Laura and Bryan Emerson have been on TSPC twice before. They live in a location accessible only by plane (8 months per year)and snowmachine (2 months per year). Therefore, they grow, produce, fix, and do as much on their own as they can because any supplies hauled in cost $0.30/lb by snowmachine hauler in March and $0.50/lb by plane.
Today they join us to talk about hunting bear and doing so from the angle of putting up meat for the larder. Many people think that bear is not a great tasting meat, I can tell you such people are wrong. Today we discuss the type of bear best for meat gathering, why bear, the right caliber and gun choice, the time of year for hunting and the challenges inherent to bear hunting. We also dig into butchering, cooking and preservation.
- How to Survive a Bear Encounter
- 7 Survival Tips From Bear Grylls: Best Of The Living Legend
- Making A Pocket-Sized Survival Kit
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
- Kevin Estela and the Flip Flop BBQ Guy | Grilling Technique [PODCAST]
- 25 Overlooked Prepping Items [PODCAST]
- Headlamps | The Best Headlamps of 2021
- Pillars of Leadership | Kevin Owens and Silver Star Recipient Sean Kirkwood [PODCAST]
- Survival Psychology [PODCAST]
- Kevin Estela and Knife Maker Ernest Emerson talk Knives [PODCAST]
- Pistol Crossbow Reviews | What’s the Best Pistol Crossbow in 2021?
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still