In the past, we’ve talked about finding water when lost in the wildnerness. Of course, finding water is only half the battle — after you find it, you have to make sure it’s safe to drink. It’s important to know how to purify water in the wilderness so that you always have access to clean, pure water no matter where you are.
Water Filtration Techniques for Any Survival Situation
Without water in a survival situation, you run the risk of dehydration and other health complications after only a couple of days. However, drinking contaminated water can often cause even more harm than drinking none at all. According to Unicef, some of the most common problems caused by contaminated water are diahhroea, arsenicosis, cholora, fluorosis, and Guinea worm disease. Click here to learn more about waterborne bacteria and illness.
The following video demonstrates three ways to filter water in the wilderness. These methods include:
- LifeStraw Water Filter
- Sawyer Water Filter
- Boiling water over a campfire
Check out the video below to see these three water filtration techniques in action.
Want to learn more about water filtration? Check out these related articles on our site:
- 049 Prepper Teens – Give them a Freakin Job Already [PODCAST]
- List of Things NOT To Do When SHTF | Prepping for SHTF
- 051 World’s End Apothecary – The Doc is In [PODCAST]
- Staying Cool in The Summer While Hunting in The Woods
- US Alarmed as Saudis Threaten to Expose Secrets [PODCAST]
- Are You Prepared For A Famine In The US?
- Mark of the mRNA Beast [PODCAST]
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping1 month ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency6 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still