Practical skills are an essential part of your survival plan. Your gear and supplies can be lost or stolen, but you always have your skills. One of the most vital skills is being able to build survival shelters.
Tips for Building Survival Shelters
That’s why we’re bringing you this video series from California Survival School on how to build shelter from the materials around you. You can find parts 1 and 2 here.
In part 3, you’ll learn how to build the structure of your shelter. Survival shelters like this are designed to be more like a sleeping bag than a tent. You want to minimize the air space that you have to keep warm, while ensuring that you still have enough room to get in and out, without knocking the whole thing over.
In part 4, you’ll learn how to effectively insulate the top of your shelter. You’ll learn how much insulation you need, and how to gather it efficiently so you don’t expend energy you don’t need to.
Let us know what you think in the comments! You can find part 5 here.
Want to know more? Check out these related articles:
- What Is An Emergency Kit?
- How To Fillet A Fish | Ways To Fillet Different Types Of Fish
- Building a Bug Out Bag: Big 6 New Prepper Mistakes [PODCAST]
- How To Make A War Hammer
- Survival Talks with Austin Lester and Kevin Estela: Lessons From Search and Rescue [PODCAST]
- Storm Safety Kit 101 | Everything You Need To Survive
- Danger Zone: 5 Ways to Get Out of a Dangerous Situation Alive [PODCAST]
Do It Yourself2 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency4 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself7 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Alternative Energy2 months ago
DIY Solar-Powered Cellphone Charger