Music To An Outdoorsman’s Ears…
Who would have imagined that a fire can be started with a guitar pick?
Originally called a plectrum, a guitar pick can be bought at any music store or guitar shop. For just a few dollars you’ll have an inconspicuous tinder that can be stored or hidden just about anywhere. Incidentally, if you’re a guitarist then you have become a survivalist right away.
These picks come in various designs and materials but for starting a fire, you need the plastic ones. Plenty of sizes and different thickness are available. For survival purposes, go for the thick ones since you won’t really be using them to play music. Here’s the video from Black Scout Survival showing you how to start a fire with a guitar pick.
Want more survival hacks? Check out these related articles from our website:
- Back to Basics – Common Threats [PODCAST]
- Back to School Preparation | Prepping for a Safe Schoolyear
- Stages of a Disaster and Trigger Events [PODCAST]
- The Ultimate Pet Survival Kit
- Hurricane Preparedness with Crown Weather [PODCAST]
- The ONLY Hurricane Survival Guide You Need
- 050 Bug Out Locations – A Preppers Paradise [PODCAST]
Cooking2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping2 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification7 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still