Music To An Outdoorsman’s Ears…
Who would have imagined that a fire can be started with a guitar pick?
Originally called a plectrum, a guitar pick can be bought at any music store or guitar shop. For just a few dollars you’ll have an inconspicuous tinder that can be stored or hidden just about anywhere. Incidentally, if you’re a guitarist then you have become a survivalist right away.
These picks come in various designs and materials but for starting a fire, you need the plastic ones. Plenty of sizes and different thickness are available. For survival purposes, go for the thick ones since you won’t really be using them to play music. Here’s the video from Black Scout Survival showing you how to start a fire with a guitar pick.
Want more survival hacks? Check out these related articles from our website:
- 050 Bug Out Locations – A Preppers Paradise [PODCAST]
- 25 Ways To Get Clean Drinking Water In An Emergency
- 049 Prepper Teens – Give them a Freakin Job Already [PODCAST]
- List of Things NOT To Do When SHTF | Prepping for SHTF
- 051 World’s End Apothecary – The Doc is In [PODCAST]
- Staying Cool in The Summer While Hunting in The Woods
- 5 Things You Should Never Do When Camping Alone
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping1 month ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency6 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still