Self defense skills are absolutely vital for anyone planning to survive a SHTF situation.
We don’t know when such a situation might occur or what form it will take. It could be a natural disaster, an economic collapse, or any number of other things.
But one thing’s for sure: when it does happen, you need to know how to defend yourself.
The following video from Ethical Preparedness on YouTube outlines some self defense skills that aren’t discussed often, but that are vitally important.
- Only use deadly force as a LAST RESORT.
- Only use deadly force to save a life, not just to take a life.
- Prepare yourself mentally for SHTF every day.
- Train often with your weapons; not just “point and shoot” at a station target, but moving targets as well.
- Mentally prepare yourself to kill someone in self defense if necessary. Prepare for the guilt, depression and second-guessing that might come along with it.
- Study up on the human body’s reaction to a life-and-death situation, such as “fight or flight” and “tunnel vision.”
- Practice shooting while moving.
- Prepare yourself for the possibility that your enemy may retaliate even after you defend yourself.
- Prepare yourself to defend yourself even against friends and neighbors when SHTF.
- Train with weapons other than guns (such as edged weapons or impact weapons.)
- Carry a secondary weapon in case you can’t reach your gun or it’s taken from you.
- Practice drawing your weapon on a near-daily basis. It should become muscle memory for you.
Check out the video below, and share your thoughts with fellow readers in the comments!
Paracord Projects10 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Survival Skills11 months ago
377 Survival Hacks You Should Learn in 2022 | Your Ultimate Survival Life Hacks Guide
Fishing, Hunting, & Trapping9 months ago
Squirrel Snare | How to Make a Snare Trap Step By Step
Personal Safety10 months ago
Invasion Survival Kit | How to Survive a Home Invasion
Emerging Threats8 months ago
How to Survive a Nuclear War: 10 Ways to Stay Alive