Self Defense When SHTF
Self defense skills are absolutely vital for anyone planning to survive a SHTF situation.
We don’t know when such a situation might occur or what form it will take. It could be a natural disaster, an economic collapse, or any number of other things.
But one thing’s for sure: when it does happen, you need to know how to defend yourself.
The following video from Ethical Preparedness on YouTube outlines some self defense skills that aren’t discussed often, but that are vitally important.
- Only use deadly force as a LAST RESORT.
- Only use deadly force to save a life, not just to take a life.
- Prepare yourself mentally for SHTF every day.
- Train often with your weapons; not just “point and shoot” at a station target, but moving targets as well.
- Mentally prepare yourself to kill someone in self defense if necessary. Prepare for the guilt, depression and second-guessing that might come along with it.
- Study up on the human body’s reaction to a life-and-death situation, such as “fight or flight” and “tunnel vision.”
- Practice shooting while moving.
- Prepare yourself for the possibility that your enemy may retaliate even after you defend yourself.
- Prepare yourself to defend yourself even against friends and neighbors when SHTF.
- Train with weapons other than guns (such as edged weapons or impact weapons.)
- Carry a secondary weapon in case you can’t reach your gun or it’s taken from you.
- Practice drawing your weapon on a near-daily basis. It should become muscle memory for you.
Check out the video below, and share your thoughts with fellow readers in the comments!
Leave a Reply
Featured Articles11 months ago
Drought Survival Tips: How to Survive Drought
Emerging Threats12 months ago
How to Survive a Nuclear War: 10 Ways to Stay Alive
Preparedness12 months ago
6 Tips to Mentally Prepare for SHTF Situations: End of the World Preparation
Featured Articles12 months ago
How to Survive a Monkey Attack | Primates Survival Tips
Personal Safety12 months ago
How to Survive North Korea | 7 Tips on Surviving North Korea
Pingback: Do You Blame The Bullet? | Survival Life
Pingback: SELF DEFENSE: Escaping Your Captors in the City | Survival Life
Pingback: Best Martial Arts for Self Defense | Survival Life | Blog
Pingback: Tips on How to Survive The Urban Jungle | Survival Life