No doubt you love your guns. However, you may want to consider taking up archery. Whether you’ve run out of ammo or need to conceal your position, a bow can be an incredibly valuable tool when SHTF.
Proper Archery Form For Accuracy
But, like any tool, you need to know how to use it and use it well. Good form gets good results. So check out this video from Archery Country on proper archery form. Don’t let bad form cost you and your family dinner.
Are you thinking about using archery as your backup weapon when SHTF? In fact, you may even consider it as a primary method to protect yourself in a catastrophe. For thousands of years, people have been using bows and arrows for combat and hunting. There are many uses for it, but a really major advantage of archery is that if you miss or hit your target, you can simply pick up the arrow and use it again.
Here are some proper archery form training in the event that you would want to grab that bow.
- Your stance, in which you position your feet while shooting, is the basis for a good shot. Your stance should be solid and steady arrow to arrow as it also helps your balance.
- Aim for correct elbow rotation. Set your bow arm elbow properly and maintain its position during your shot. By doing this, your upper body will then be aligned, resulting in a more powerful shot.
- Make sure to put your fingers on the string for every shot correctly, and remember to consistently position your hand in accordance with the bowstring.
- While aiming is necessary, it is equally essential to apply a strong release and follow-through. By working on the correct techniques, your shots will become stronger.
In conclusion, proper archery form is important. You may even make your own bow made out of things that you find. It might not be the real one, but it will do when the time calls for it.
Want to know more? Check out these related articles:
- How To Fillet A Fish | Ways To Fillet Different Types Of Fish
- Building a Bug Out Bag: Big 6 New Prepper Mistakes [PODCAST]
- How To Make A War Hammer
- Survival Talks with Austin Lester and Kevin Estela: Lessons From Search and Rescue [PODCAST]
- Storm Safety Kit 101 | Everything You Need To Survive
- Danger Zone: 5 Ways to Get Out of a Dangerous Situation Alive [PODCAST]
- The Modern Economic Survival Mindset [PODCAST]
Do It Yourself2 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency4 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself7 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Alternative Energy2 months ago
DIY Solar-Powered Cellphone Charger