Listen to the podcast here.
The Missed Lessons from Hurricane Katrina
We heard an awful lot of blame handed to an awful lot of people over the disaster after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. That happened on August 29th, 2005, almost three years ago. Over the years we have heard a lot about the “lessons learned” as in how the government can do a better job in the future and a bit on at least people being more responsive to evacuation orders.
That said I think many of the real lessons of Katrina and other disasters have yet to be learned by the average person, here are the things I think we should all take away from and take to heart about the reality that Katrina exposed in America.
- Hurricane Season: Survival and Preparedness
- Hurricane Sandy: History in the Making
- Machete: A Beginner’s Guide
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
- Kevin Estela and the Flip Flop BBQ Guy | Grilling Technique [PODCAST]
- 25 Overlooked Prepping Items [PODCAST]
- Headlamps | The Best Headlamps of 2021
- Pillars of Leadership | Kevin Owens and Silver Star Recipient Sean Kirkwood [PODCAST]
- Survival Psychology [PODCAST]
- Kevin Estela and Knife Maker Ernest Emerson talk Knives [PODCAST]
- Pistol Crossbow Reviews | What’s the Best Pistol Crossbow in 2021?
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still