Reg Foggerdy disappeared last week while pursuing a feral camel in a remote area of Western Australia state.
Police trackers found him sitting under a tree on Tuesday morning around 15km (9 miles) from where he became lost.
He was discovered “extremely dehydrated, a bit delusional, but he’s received treatment, first aid on the ground, and it’s fair to say he’s now sitting up and talking,” Police Supt Andy Greatwood told ABC radio.
Supt Greatwood also praised Mr Foggerdy’s “fantastic” skills, saying that while more details of how he coped were likely to emerge, “most people would not have survived”.
“The amazing news is his last couple of days of survival were achieved by lying down under a tree and eating black ants, so that’s the level of survival that Mr Foggerdy has gone to,” he said.
Learn on how to survive being lost in the woods with these great articles on our site:
- Beginning Preps Home Security [PODCAST]
- How To Prepare For Hyperinflation
- Kubotan | How to Use a Kubotan in 3 Easy Steps
- ZPacks Review | Top 10 Best ZPacks Backpacking and Camping Gear
- Beginning Preps Series Food Storage [PODCAST]
- National Grid Outage | How to Prepare for Power Grid Failure
- Start Here Prepping Basic’s The Get Home Bag [PODCAST]
Cooking5 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security6 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still