If you’re going on a camping trip, one of the most important things to bring is your camping light. While flashlights do just fine, there are other, more creative camping light ideas you can try for your next trip.
Camping Light Ideas | Unleash Your Creativity in the Dark
Tents, bonfires, and a flashlight — this would be the typical camping scenario. However, instead of using the boring white light from your flashlights, why not make use of colorful lighting materials? To fully enjoy the breathtaking view of the star-filled night sky, set the mood with amazing and unique camping lights. Scroll down for some camping light suggestions to illuminate your campsite in style!
1. Glow Sticks
Glow sticks, also called light sticks, have a variety of sizes and colors you can choose from. You can easily purchase glow sticks at dollar stores, but the light may only last for a few hours. If you want a long-lasting camping light, look for the military-grade glow sticks. While they are pricier, military-grade glow sticks can burn brightly for about 10 to 12 hours.
- MADE IN THE USA UNDER STRICT QUALITY GUIDELINES to ensure each light stick works without issue - guaranteed. Rest assured knowing you can trust SnapLight
- PATENTED, LONG-LASTING FORMULATIONS provide high light output for 8 hours at a time to help you get the job done when electric light isn't an option.
- GUARANTEED 5 YEAR SHELF LIFE AND INDIVIDUAL FOIL WRAPPING means SnapLight can be safely stored for years until the need arises without harm to the stick or components.
To keep your campsite illuminated, there are battery-operated lanterns you can easily purchase online or from your favorite shop. Using this kind of camping light is much safer than campfires, and you won’t have to worry about a fire breaking out as you sleep. If you’re considering using a lantern for your next camping trip, I suggest you get an LED-powered one, as it has longer battery life.
- Ultra Bright and Long Lasting Time: Max. 440 Lumens. 180 HOURS LIGHTING FOR A SINGLE CHARGE at Low Brightness, 70 hours at 150 Lumens (Brighter) and 22 hours at 440 Lumens (Brightest). Suitable for outdoor backpacking, hiking, fishing and hurricane, storm, power outage emergency light
- Power Bank: Built-in 10400mAh (2.1A output) external lithium rechargeable battery pack power bank to charge your cell phone, tablet, GPS or connect to usb fan. almost 4 times charges (over 48 hours talk time) for iPhone 6, almost 3 full charge for Galaxy S5. You can keep your cell phone Power ON all the day when hiking, camping and other outdoor sports
- Durable and Guaranteed: 1. IP65 waterproof and dust proof. 2.Mainly utilize ABS plastic. Lamp cover was designed with special materail to make light more soft and natural. 3. Special designed Aluminum PCBA with better abstract heat. 4. High quality Grade A LED chips and Grade A cell, rubber coating surface cutting-edge technology to ensure safety and good handfeel. 5. This camping lantern passed CE, FCC, EMC, RoHS. IP65, PSE certified. Use with Confidence
3. Christmas Lights
Christmas lights are so versatile that you can use them all year long — and that includes lighting up your camping place. However, what if there are no electrical outlets available? Well, usually that’s a given, which is why battery-powered Christmas lights are recommended.
Want to have more fun? Let your artistic side take over and decorate the exterior of your tent with the Christmas lights for additional lighting.
- String of 10 tiny LED lanterns
- Operates on 3 AA-cell batteries
4. String Lights
Using string lights is a cost-effective way to illuminate your campsite. You can recycle some of your old battery-operated Christmas lights, or you can just buy string lights from a local store nearby. Try hanging the string lights in between tree branches, and they will easily and beautifully light up your campsite.
If you want to go down the old-fashioned route, you can also use torches as camping lights. However, you must take safety precautions to ensure that they won’t start a massive fire.
To use a torch as a camping light, you can use a sturdy stick or branch. Ideally, the size should be about 2 to 3 feet long and 2 to 3 inches thick. Attach a piece of cloth and soak it in a flammable liquid, then light up the torch.
Since we also want to get creative, try putting lit candles inside a glass container covered with colored cellophane paper. This will definitely set a romantic mood and can be the perfect camping light if you bring your special someone with you.
7. Used Cans
We like recycling, don’t we? So put those used cans to good use and make a camping light out of them! Make holes of different shapes on the can and paint it with any color you want. Light up small candles and put them inside the recycled cans. You can hang it on tree branches surrounding the campsite or use it as a pathway to every tent in the camping ground.
Having a camping light is vital to any camping trip, since, come night time, it will be your main source of light. Nonetheless, you don’t always have to look at it as a mere camping necessity; think of it as something you can get creative with too. Try one of these camping light ideas the next time you’re headed out to make your camping trip much more fun and memorable!
What camping light do you prefer to use? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Last update on 2018-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API