Top 10 Healing Benefits of Bee Propolis
Almost everyone is familiar with the many healing benefits of honey, but how much do you know about bee propolis? Check out this article to learn more!
Almost everyone is familiar with the many healing benefits of honey and the multiple homesteading uses of beeswax. But even many of us seasoned preppers have little to know knowledge about the potentially life-saving attributes of bee propolis.
The Many Health Benefits of Bee Propolis
Bees are perhaps the most useful creatures on the planet. They now only pollinate 70 percent of the food we eat to make the crops thrive, they also produce three very important substances which will enhance your chances of survival during a SHTF situation.
What is Bee Propolis?
Bee propolis is a resinous material that bees use to seal small gaps and cracks in their hives. The little pollinators instinctively do this to prevent fungi and microbes from infecting the hive. The propolis is made as the bees gather resin from trees and blend it tightly together with a little bit of honey. The mixture is often referred to as the “cousin to beeswax.”
Bee propolis, or bee resin, is used to naturally treat common health issues and abscesses for centuries. The substance reportedly has a potent impact against many harmful pathogens when tested by researchers, according to the Global Healing Center. Test results have indicated propolis can help fight a series of dangerous microbes and even “aggressive” bacteria, such as staph.
In Case of Emergency
When you can’t call a doctor during a long-term disaster, even the slightest infection could quickly become deadly. There is no need to wait for a TEOTWAWKI scenario to incorporate bee propolis into your overall health routine – doing so could help prevent the developing antibiotic resistance to over-prescribed modern medicine. Bee propolis is sold in both capsule and tincture form.
Note: This article is for informative purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. Please consult your physician before using home remedies.
Healing Benefits of Bee Propolis
1. Burn treatment. You can slather propolis onto burns to help soothe the pain and inflammation and to heal the wound.
2. Ear infection treatment. Propolis has been used to help treat middle ear infections of both children and adults. The caffeic acid phenethyl ester components in propolis can be helpful in relieving inner ear inflammation.
3. Immune system boost. Bee resin may have a positive impact on immune health as well. The candida albicans fungus is caused by an overgrowth of yeast, which usually impacts the genital and oral areas. Research has reportedly shown that bee propolis can inhibit the candida fungus from growing and stimulates the body’s overall immune system in the process.
3. Nail fungus treatment. Nail fungus can also be thwarted by propolis. Rubbing the tincture or gel from inside a capsule onto the infected area can help heal and stop the spread of nail fungus.
4. Herpes treatment. Some research has indicated bee resin can help fight vaginal herpes. It may significantly reduce the possibility of an advanced herpes infection from occurring.
5. Fluoride replacement. Propolis is now replacing fluoride in some toothpastes. Rubbing the bee resin sparingly onto the gums can help promote good oral health and stronger teeth.
6. Insulin replacement. During a long term disaster, diabetics will likely need to use natural substitutes for their prescribed insulin. Propolis is thought to inhibit enzymes that increase blood sugar. Its antioxidant properties can also have “blood sugar-stabilizing” benefits, according to a recent study.
7. Cancer treatment. Ancient Assyrians used bee propolis to decrease and inhibit the growth of tumors. Modern-day cancer patients sometimes use the resin as a natural part of their treatment when undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatments. The CAPE compounds in the propolis reportedly inhibit cancer cell growth particularly in prostate, cervical, nose, and throat, breast, bladder, and pancreas cancers.
8. Cold sore treatment. Cold sores and canker sores have also been known to heal more quickly when bee resin is applied to the infected area.
9. Wart treatment. Bee resin has also had a significant impact on eliminating both plane and common warts.
10. Natural probiotic. Bee propolis has over 300 active compounds and is also used as a daily probiotic by folks who prefer natural and herbal remedies to chemical-laden medications created in a laboratory.
Did we leave anything off our list of benefits of bee propolis? Do you have beekeeping tips to share? Sound off in the comments!
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Paracord Projects1 year ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Featured Articles1 year ago
Drought Survival Tips: How to Survive Drought
Emerging Threats1 year ago
How to Survive a Nuclear War: 10 Ways to Stay Alive
Survival Skills1 year ago
377 Survival Hacks You Should Learn in 2022 | Your Ultimate Survival Life Hacks Guide
Building1 year ago
How to Build Bomb Shelter | 15 Steps on How to Build a Bomb Shelter