13 Reasons You Need To Get Your Hands On The AquaLight NOW!
One of the biggest perks of working with Survival Life is getting to test out and play with the newest and best gear before anyone else…
But this has to be one of the weirdest pieces of gear I’ve ever seen.
It’s called the “AquaLight.”
It’s the newest innovation from my buddies at Stone Mountain, and frankly it blows my Klean Kanteen and my Nalgene bottles out of the water!
At first I first I was a little confused by this squishy, glow-in-the-dark bottle…
The AquaLight combines two things that I would never have thought to put together: a portable water container and a flashlight. But after a little bit of hands on testing, the AquaLight does a whole lot more than that!
I’ve always been a big believer in carrying a stainless steel water bottle. Stainless steel can be used to boil water on the trail and its ultra durable, but it’s not without its drawbacks…
Steel water bottles and canteens are big,bulky and heavy (and that’s BEFORE you put water in them.)
But until recently the only other option was essentially a plastic bottle… and while you can boil water in plastic, I don’t recommended it.
Chemicals leach out of the plastic and into the water… it’s not healthy, it tastes terrible… and you only get one use out of the bottle…
(Would you really want to drink THAT??)
But check out the AquaLight:
It uses super soft silicone antimicrobial food grade silicone that is both dishwasher safe, and FIREPROOF.
And it’s collapsible and takes up a fraction of the space any normal water bottle would!
Can your steel bottle do this?
And the ultra efficient, solar powered LED lantern is built right into the cap. These 3 tiny bulbs are blindingly bright (I saw spots for a good 5 minutes after first turning it on… don’t make my mistake!) and last up to 12 hours on a single charge!
The AquaLight even has a backup USB “Quick Charge” port, so that if it’s cloudy and rainy outside, you can keep your tent lit up like Christmas with just a few minutes on a standard portable battery pack.
If you want to check out the AquaLightfor yourself, be sure to keep an eye out… Stone Mountain is getting ready to release this to the public in a few days and the Survival Life Community gets first dibs 😉
Here’s a quick rundown of everything the AquaLight has to offer:
- 600ml container with built in measurements (that’s just over 20 oz)
- Onboard red LED indicator lets you know when it’s charging
- Detachable silicone handle lets you keep a firm grip on it and even hang it off your backpack or on your tent to charge during the day
- Works with hot and cold water (freeze it or boil water in it) — this would destroy most plastic water bottles!
- The Aqualite can be used as a hot water bottle. Imagine warming up some water in this bad boy on a cold night, tossing it in your sleeping bag and staying you toasty all night long
- Water and air tight! This keeps water in when you want it, and also doubles as a dry bag for keys, wallet, cell phones, snacks and other small electronics
- 100% fireproof! Hang this baby over a fire and boil water directly inside the container!
- Ultra Efficient — 100 lumen LED lights with high, low and strobe settings (hold for 3 seconds for SOS)
- Solar panel means no batteries to replace
- 12 hours of light on a single charge (on the low setting +/- 5 hours on high)
- Simple to use, just one click of a button and the lantern brightens up any dark room!
- Antimicrobial and dishwasher safe
- BONUS: The AquaLight makes one hell of a pillow… especially when your other option is a rock!
When filled with water, the AquaLight acts as a diffuser that takes the incredibly bright and focused LED lights and spreads the light out… giving you enough ambient light to brighten up a 4 person tent and read a book with zero eye strain.
Look how bright this thing is!
The AquaLight does have a few things that I wish would be improved on…
- You do need to give it a good twist to make sure the cap is on snug.
- The silicone grip fits OK in my hand, but I would prefer it to be a bit larger and/or for it to have a carabiner clip to make it easier to hang on items or over a fire.
- The super soft silicone is great for making the AquaLight compact, lightweight and foldable; but it does also make it a little less stable that I would prefer.
This is really only an issue when trying to boil water in it. You want to make sure you either hang the Aqualight above the fire, or you clear out a flat space for it to sit firmly in the coals. (I’d hate for you to spend time boiling water only for it to fall over and you lose both your water and your fire)
After a few days of review, the AquaLight is one of my new favorite toys and frankly… I think it’s going to take the place of my stainless steel water bottle… the fact that it’s a fraction of the weight AND it doubles as a camping lantern gives it a real edge…
But don’t take my word for it… Grab one for yourself when it gets released and let me know what YOU think.
What’s your take on the AquaLight?
Does it have a place in your preps?
Do you have a better option?
Let me know in the comments below!
Check out the Survival Life Store for other survival products!
Leave a Reply
Featured Articles11 months ago
Drought Survival Tips: How to Survive Drought
Emerging Threats12 months ago
How to Survive a Nuclear War: 10 Ways to Stay Alive
Preparedness12 months ago
6 Tips to Mentally Prepare for SHTF Situations: End of the World Preparation
Featured Articles12 months ago
How to Survive a Monkey Attack | Primates Survival Tips
Personal Safety12 months ago
How to Survive North Korea | 7 Tips on Surviving North Korea
December 15, 2016 at 10:38 AM
already have “two”, I purchased from Survival Joe. I love them, have used them and will buy more…..
December 15, 2016 at 11:15 AM
There is no buyers link for AquaLight
Rebecca L Daley
May 28, 2019 at 1:55 PM
I’m looking for that too
December 15, 2016 at 7:10 PM
I got two also. It only took SIX weeks to get mine. They come in a unmarked box with no directions. I also like getting stuff from JOE, except you have to wait to long to get it. I have been waiting 40 days now for my RFID BAG,with passport sleeves.
December 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Bought one from Joe and looking forward to getting another and one for a friend. Also received it in an unmarked box with no directions. Glad I can finally read what all it can do. Brilliant item. Love it!
December 31, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Have you tried boiling water in it and how well does the light work?
December 29, 2016 at 2:05 AM
I am excited about the AquaLight, but cannot find it anywhere! It appears to now be available, based on comments. Can it be purchased somehow from this site?
March 26, 2018 at 6:01 PM
Ordered DEC 2, 2017 from “Survival Life”. and still waiting for Aqualight, going on 4 months now…
May 11, 2018 at 8:50 AM
Is this a scam??? I ordered five on October 8, 2017-Christmas present f or my grandsons. STILL NOT IN WAREHOUSE as of 5/10/18!!!
May 22, 2019 at 5:18 PM
Not a scam. I got mine in about 1 month. Doesn’t come with any directions. Same as the stuff I’ve ordered from China. I found it very difficult to assemble and I have an air leak no matter how much I tighten the cap. Good luck.
August 24, 2019 at 9:02 PM
not a scam just a LOOOOONG wait. I ordered mine in March and it arrived 3days ago (Aug 21)
May 31, 2018 at 7:29 AM
would like to purchase the aqualight…..
Pingback: 377 Survival Hacks And Skills | Survival Life Ultimate List
Pingback: Outdoor Survival | 13 Winter Camping Tips For Every Survivalist
Pingback: Outdoor Survival | 13 Winter Camping Tips For Every Survivalist | Primitive technology
Pingback: » Outdoor Survival | 13 Winter Camping Tips For Every Survivalist
Pingback: Outdoor Survival | 13 Winter Camping Tips For Every Survivalist – Ultimate Assets
May 29, 2019 at 10:43 PM
I like my aqua lamp! Just figured it out, had to look up the date I bought it and find the instructions look up the email and your home free, pages of information. Rinsed it out real good, plugged the light in, and fill it up with water, put it in the fridge.
Danny W Moore
August 11, 2019 at 2:19 PM
No buyers link? What gives? I’d like to purchase a couple of them.