Looking for hiking trails to explore? Here are a few of the world’s best hikes sure to take your breath away!
Amazing Hiking Trails for the Best Nature Hiking Experience
Nature’s Best Hikes
Exploring hiking trails is a great way to stretch those legs and get your blood pumping or just get out and enjoy nature.
It’s a great feeling when the cool wind touches your face and you can smell the fresh air. Even the most experienced hikers will be in awe with the sheer beauty of these nature hikes.
1. The West Maroon PassThe West Maroon Pass is located in Colorado, with a 12.7 mile out and back hiking trail. It has a pass that brings you up to 12,480 feet of elevation.
This place is under the Maroon Bell’s Peak, which is said to be the most photographed peak in the United States. That alone speaks for itself.
- GREAT FOR EVERYBODY - Our hiking poles were designed with the beginner & experienced hiker in mind. They are affordable yet well made with many great features that everybody can appreciate.
- NEW & IMPROVED - We have upgraded our hiking poles with more comfortable grips and padded wrist straps for added comfort on your hiking trips! Grips are more ergonomically designed with light ribbing for added grip.
- GREAT FEATURES - Each pole can extend in length from Approx. 25.5" up to 52", allowing the poles to be great for people of any height.
2. The Jewels RouteThis 48-mile trek is located in the western end of the Grand Canyon National Park. Ironically, Jewel’s route is said to have lighter crowds and boasts of turquoise Colorado River views and deep orange rocks.
3. Yoho National ParkThe Yoho National Park is located in British Columbia, Canada. It offers beautiful large lakes, hiking trails with waterfalls, and glaciers.
The Burgess Shale, a fossil bed, is also nestled in this park. It boasts the best collection of rare fossil remains of prehistoric marine animals.
- 30 Extra Large Baby Wipes for Adults Too. Biodegradable Wipes are Flushable and Great for Camping and Backpacking
- 8 Inch by 11 Inch Biodegradable Wipes break down in 28 days.
- No Rinse Bathing Wipes ideal for sanitary needs while hiking, camping or anywhere nature won't wait for civilization.
4. The King’s Trail
With a total of 275 miles through four national parks and a nature reserve, the King’s Trail is said to take you about a month to finish. You will soak in some of the most beautiful landscapes in Sweden through this trail.
- BUILT TO LAST! HIGHEST QUALITY/EASY CLEAN CAMPING COOKWARE: FDA approved anodized aluminum pot and frying pan make it non-stick ,easy to clean.
- BEST PRICE/BEST VALUE: 17pcs camping cookware accessories set includes FOLDING STAINLESS STEEL SPORK + SPOON + FORK + KNIFE + MINI STOVE WITH PIEZO IGNITION + Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pot + Nonstick Frying Pan + Pan Cover + 2 BPA Free Bowls + BPA Free Soup Spoon + Rice Ladle + Loofah Sponge+ Carabiner + Nylon Bag + Fire Starter
- PERFECT GIFT for FAMILY and FRIENDS: #1 and Most Complete Outdoor Cooking Set - Great for Backpacking Gear & Camping Backpack and Hiking Picnic for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product for the camping world or bug out bag to enjoy at the cookout with the people you love.
5. North Coyote Buttes and the Wave
Just three hours away from Flagstaff, Arizona, North Coyote Buttes requires a permit if you want to hike through it. With just 20 permits being given daily, you’ll have to wait your turn.
Reservations must be made four months in advance. However, it will surely be worth the wait because of the cross-bedded Aeolian Jurassic Navajo Sandstone formation that’s such a unique experience in itself.
6. Red Rock Canyon State Park Trails
The Red Rock Canyon State Park trails offer two nature trails and one challenging hiking trail. It also shows the historic California trail.
The giant red boulders that wall the corridors are still very impressive. Although it’s not a well-known state park, it’s great for family hiking.
- QUALITY YOU CAN CRASH ON: With this Double Camping Hammock from Legit Camping, you'll have everything you need to relax in complete comfort on your next camping or hiking trip. Heading to the beach or taking in a festival? Don't leave home without your parachute hammock. With its lightweight, spacious design and 400-pound capacity, it's the camping companion you can't go without.
- STUFF IT IN A SACK: This portable hammock redefines grab-n-go camping. No need to take along a bulky pad and heavy sleeping bag; just stuff the hammock into the small attached sack, put it in your pack and off you go. When you've found the best camp spot, setup is a breeze with the included steel carabiners, rope and tree friendly straps. You'll be swinging in utter bliss in no time. (No need to buy hanging straps separately like with other camping and hiking hammocks)
- A CUT ABOVE: There are all kinds of camping accessories out there, but very few can compete with the quality you'll find at Legit Camping. We create camping gear designed to stand up to the rigors of windy days, rainy nights and the wear and tear that comes with outdoor survival. When you go Legit, you say goodbye to shoddy construction and poor performance over time. Your hammock should work just as well five years down the line as it does when you take it out of the sack for the first time.
7. The Natural Arches
This Utah hiking trail is said to be the most popular haven for hikers. The main highlights of the Natural Arches in Utah are the 2,000-plus natural arches and red rock formations.
This magnificent landscape stands in a 73,000-acre desert area. You can also enjoy the ancient rock art, which can be seen on a lot of these natural rock formations.
8. The Kalalau Trail, Kauai, HawaiiThe Kalalau Trail presents 11 miles of cliffs, valleys, mountains, rainforests, and waterfalls that will have even the most jaded backpacking enthusiast in awe.
You will be climbing as high as 4,000 feet across valleys and cliffs, which can be covered in just one day.
- 【Protect Patella & Relieve Pain】: With the compression pad, the knee brace can absorb the shocks and reduce the pain associated with patellar tendonitis, jumper's knee, runner's knee, chondromalacia.
- 【Comfortable and Breathable Material】: Made of high-quality neoprene & nylon,Tomight patella knee braces are durable and skin-friendly to wear; the non-slip fabric absorbs the sweat and prevents any wet or slippery feeling on the knee during doing physical activity.
- 【Reflective for Night Visibility】: The reflectors on the patella knee straps are designed for safety and visibility when you are running in the dark.
9. The Dragon’s Back TrailReaching as high up to 284 meters, the Dragon’s Back trail offers jaw-dropping views. It’s classified as a moderate to easy hike, which traverses along the ridges of Shek O Peak to Wan Cham San in Hong Kong.
This trail has an estimated distance of 8.5 km full of ups and downs, with a wide view of the ocean. Named for its resemblance to a flying dragon, was recognized as the best urban hike by Time Magazine way back in 2004.
10. St. Mark’s Summit
Soak up the amazing view when standing on the mouth of Howe Sound. St. Mark’s Summit is a picture of peace and tranquility, with the mountains of Vancouver Island as a backdrop.
The view of the vast ocean with Anvil Island to the right and Bowen Island to the left is awe-inspiring. With a total distance of 11 km, St. Mark’s Summit is considered the easiest trail to tackle compared to its counterparts in the area.
- BOOT SOCK HEIGHT: Sits mid-calf for added protection and warmth. A sturdy companion.
- FULL CUSHION: High density cushioning throughout the entire sock for full on comfort and performance. For a sock with less cushion, check out 1403.
- COMPOSITION: Crafted with 66% Merino Wool, 32% Nylon, 2% Lycra Spandex. 1441 stitches per square inch provides extra cushioning, durability, and a foot hugging fit.
11. Ledges and Pine Grove Loops
This trail in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio has a figure-eight trail with a total distance of 4.1 miles. The beautiful scenery on Ledges and Pine Grove Loops is indescribable — you just have to experience it firsthand.
RELATED: How To Mark Trails Like A Pro
12. The Rocky Top Trail
The Rocky Top Trail can be found in an isolated valley called Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The 13.9-mile round trip hike passes through extraordinary landmarks, taking special note of Spence Field.
Once there, the scenic view of the three summits of Thunder Mountain will surely be worth the hike.
13. The Rumbling Bald Mountain
This hiking destination offers an array of terrain around the Rumbling Bald Mountain in North Carolina. Passing through oak forests and rocky paths, you will see colossal cliff faces before reaching the cave.
You can also choose to head for Lake Lure and Hickory Nut Gorge. The latter was the setting for the film Last of the Mohicans.
14. The Bunker Meadows Trail
The Bunker Meadows Trail lies in the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, Topsfield, MA. With a total distance of 12 miles, this trail cuts through wetlands, meadows, and forests of the North Shore.
Turtles, eastern bluebirds, and river otters are just among the many animals you might come across while taking the trail.
15. The Inca Trail, Peru
Hikers will certainly be in high spirits as they pass through dense clouds, rocky ruins, tunnels, enchanting mountains, and a subtropical jungle.
The Inca Trail is one of the most popular among hikers around the world. The grand finale of this trail is when they get to see the “Lost City of the Incas.”
16. The Trail to Cerro Castillo Glacier
Situated in Patagonia, the hike takes about a day to get to the glacier and back. Despite the steep trail, the panoramic view of the black rock, multicolored hills, and blue glacial lake is truly a sight to behold.
17. Awa Awaapuhi Trail
This is the famous trail on the Na Pali, considered a world-class trail in Kauai, Hawaii. The Awa Awaapuhi Trail offers some of the most unbelievable views for a hiking project and a one-of-a-kind terrain.
18. Padar Island Trails, Komodo National Park, IndonesiaThe hiking trails in Padar Island, Komodo National Park boast the most scenic beautiful views. You will enjoy 180 degrees of nature’s whites, blues, and greens as you reach the summit of the tallest peak on the island.
19. Blue Lakes Trail, Colorado
The Blue Lakes Trail can bring you as high up as 13,000 ft with panoramic views of lakes and alpine meadows filled with wildflowers. There are a lot of beautiful Colorado hiking trails and the Blue Lakes trail is among the top destinations.
20. The Redwood Creek Trail, California
Located in the Redwood National Park, the Redwood Creek Trail features the largest trees in the world, with some reaching up to 300 feet high. As one of the best day hikes in California, the trail has a length of about 15.4 miles and can peak up to 500 feet.
21. Buckskin Gulch, Paria Canyon, Kanab, Utah
The Buckskin Gulch Paria Canyon trail is the deepest and longest slot canyon in the southwestern part of the United States.
Although considered to be a hard level trail, one will surely enjoy the view of sunlight peeking through the upper part of the rock walls.
22. The Snowman Trek, Bhutan
The Snowman Trek is an advanced-level trail, but definitely worth the endeavor because of the spectacular views of the pristine landscape. If you’re up to the challenge, pay this place a visit.
Watch this video of hiking the Inca Trail by A Globe Well Travelled:
Make sure you put at least some, if not all, of these amazing hiking trails on your bucket list. There’s nothing more satisfying than soaking up some of the most beautiful sights nature has to offer from dusk till dawn.
Have you taken your pick on which of these amazing hiking trails to explore next? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on August 6, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Last update on 2019-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API