People have been using vinegar for thousands of years for everything from food preservation to sanitation! There have even been traces of vinegar found in ancient Egyptian tombs dating as far back as 3000 B.C.!
Stocking up on supplies for the hard times ahead? Or just want to save a little extra on your grocery bill today?
Discover how this one simple household staple is worth more than gold in a crisis and why you need to stockpile it NOW!
There are literally hundreds of uses for vinegar… some you may never have thought of.
Check out the video below to discover just a small sample of how this $.99 “kitchen staple” can be an incredible (and money saving) asset for you and your family… hard times or not:
35 other unexpected uses of household vinegar:
1. Disinfect wood cutting boards.
2. Soothe a sore throat; use 1 tsp of vinegar per glass of water, then gargle.
3. Fight dandruff; after shampooing, rinse hair with vinegar and 2 cups of warm water.
4. Remove warts; apply daily a 50/50 solution of cider vinegar and glycerin until they’re gone.
5. Cure an upset stomach; drink 2 tsp apple cider vinegar in one cup of water.
6. Polish chrome.
7. Keep boiled eggs from cracking; add 2 tbsp to water before boiling.
8. Clean deposits from fish tanks.
9. Remove urine stains from carpet.
10. Keep fleas off dogs; add a little vinegar to the dog’s drinking water.
11. Keep car windows from frosting up; use a solution of 3 oz. vinegar to 1 oz. water.
12. Clean dentures; soak overnight in vinegar and then brush.
13. Get rid of lint in clothes; add 0.5 cup vinegar to rinse cycle.
14. Remove grease from suede.
15. Kill grass on sidewalks and driveways.
16. Make wool blankets softer; add 2 cups distilled vinegar to rinse cycle.
17. Remove skunk odor from a dog; rub fur with full strength vinegar and rinse.
18. Freshen wilted vegetables; soak them in 1 tbsp vinegar and a cup of water.
19. Dissolve mineral deposits in drip coffee makers.
20. Deodorize drains; pour a cup down the drain once a week, let sit for 30 minutes, then rinse.
21. Use as a replacement for a lemon; 0.25 tsp vinegar substitutes for 1 tsp of lemon juice.
22. Make rice fluffier; add 1 tsp of vinegar to water once it begins to boil.
23. Prevent grease build-up in ovens; wipe oven with cleaning rag soaked in distilled vinegar and water.
24. Kill germs; mix a 50-50 solution of vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
25. Clean a clogged shower head.; pour vinegar into a zip-lock bag and hang it around the shower head. let it soak overnight to remove any mineral deposits.
26. Shine patent leather.
27. Remove the moldy smell from laundry that has been left in the washer too long; pour 1 cup of vinegar in with the load and rewash it.
28. Make propane lantern wicks burn longer/brighter; soak them in vinegar for 3 hours, let dry.
29. Act as an air freshener.
30. Soften paint brushes; soak in hot vinegar then rinse with soapy water.
31. Remove old, outdated, or unwanted bumper stickers and decals; simply cover them with vinegar-soaked cloth for several minutes.
32. Prolong the life of fresh-cut flowers; use 2 tbsp of vinegar and 3 tbsp of sugar per quart of warm water
33. Prevent Mildew; Wipe down shower walls with a vinegar solution.
34. Soften calloused feet; soak your feet in a mixture 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water for 30 minutes then scrub them with a pumice stone. The dead skin should slough off easily.
35. Treat Acne; start with a solution of organic apple cider vinegar and water at a ratio of 1:8, apply the toner to blemishes and leave on a minimum of 2 minutes.
Can you think of anything that I missed?
Also, don’t think that you have to buy your vinegar from the supermarket.
Featured Articles9 months ago
Drought Survival Tips: How to Survive Drought
Emerging Threats10 months ago
How to Survive a Nuclear War: 10 Ways to Stay Alive
Building10 months ago
How to Build Bomb Shelter | 15 Steps on How to Build a Bomb Shelter
Fishing, Hunting, & Trapping11 months ago
Squirrel Snare | How to Make a Snare Trap Step By Step
Preparedness10 months ago
6 Tips to Mentally Prepare for SHTF Situations: End of the World Preparation