- How To Treat Blisters And Itches Naturally
- The Best Survival Weapon…Ever?
- Stay Clean, Stay Healthy, SURVIVE
- What Is The Real “Startup Cost” of Living Off Grid
- The Real Science Behind A Gunfight
- “Need To Know” Rules When Picking Edible & Medicinal Plants
- 16 Creature Comforts For When You Need To Hunker Down
- 101 “Oddball Items” To Stock Before TSHTF
- Strike Master, Strikes Again
- One More Reason To Keep Purell On Hand
Earthquake Preparedness 101
Commentary: This article gives you a fairly decent overview of how to prepare for and survive an earthquake. I live in an extremely low earthquake risk area but even if you don’t live where an earthquake is common you should still have at least the basic knowledge for what to do if one strikes. The above map shows common earthquake hotspots, some of they may be surprising. Where do you fit in?
If you live in an earthquake-prone area, preparing for one doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are some basic actions you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones if needed. Make a Plan Post emergency telephone numbers by phones (fire, police, ambulance, etc.). Teach children how and when to call 911 or your local Emergency Medical Services number for emergency help. Determine the best escape routes from your home. Find two ways out of each room. Find the safe spots in your home to “drop, cover and hold.” Show each family member how and when to turn […]
Get the latest news, reviews and features directly into your inbox.
Like Survival Life on Facebook